We had a wonderful Christmas!! The kids were able to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus in early December at the Olsen's annual Christmas party.
I decided we would do a mostly homemade Christmas this year and I think that next year I might pass on that option. Or maybe if I just start now (since I'm writing about Christmas in May) I will get everything done in time. I was sewing sewing sewing right up until the last minute. The kids played with Grammy and Grandpa on Christmas eve so I could keep on sewing and we were finally all together as a family that evening. We even had a white Christmas eve - a special treat in Texas.
The kids opened their Christmas eve present - the beloved Christmas pajamas. It was my first go at sewing clothing from a pattern and let's just say I need a lot more practice. Porter's pants were the only things that turned out mostly okay. The girls nightgowns weren't terrible, but they were huge. I loved Brooklyn's face when she came down the hall tripping over the gown and the sleeves hanging over her hands and then she simply said, "Uh, mom, I think it's a little big." They were them that evening and then I put them in the sewing stack to alter them and that is where they still sit. Maybe I can just pull them out this Christmas and maybe they'll fit - or a couple more Christmases down the road - seriously, they were big.
The kids opened their Christmas eve present - the beloved Christmas pajamas. It was my first go at sewing clothing from a pattern and let's just say I need a lot more practice. Porter's pants were the only things that turned out mostly okay. The girls nightgowns weren't terrible, but they were huge. I loved Brooklyn's face when she came down the hall tripping over the gown and the sleeves hanging over her hands and then she simply said, "Uh, mom, I think it's a little big." They were them that evening and then I put them in the sewing stack to alter them and that is where they still sit. Maybe I can just pull them out this Christmas and maybe they'll fit - or a couple more Christmases down the road - seriously, they were big.
There was still snow on the ground on Christmas morning and it was fun to go and play in in for awhile. Without good snow clothes it just gets cold and wet really fast.




We spent the rest of the day and Nana and Papa's house. It was great time with the family and the kids love spending time with their cousins. I forgot my camera, Brooklyn accidentally deleted the pictures she took as she was getting used to her new camera's settings and one of the kids took these delightful shots with my iPhone (and trust me they are a real treat - my kids always catch me at my best).
The Tuckett Christmas kicked off a week later. I love that Christmas really does last for the entire month at our house. It was fun to spend several days together. We played a lot of Wii Rock Band and Apples and Apples and had lots of fun. We loved playing with Cassady and Everett and to see how much they are growing.
And to top the Tuckett Christmas weekend off was a light saber battle between my brother, Scott and his wife, Julie. There's always something to laugh at when Scott's around.
And to top the Tuckett Christmas weekend off was a light saber battle between my brother, Scott and his wife, Julie. There's always something to laugh at when Scott's around.
1 comment:
I love reading about your Christmas even though it's June....it really feels like it was just December yesterday. Keep blogging, you'll be caught up soon :)
Post a Comment