July 28, 2008

It's Time to Organize

One of the projects on our list today was to organize Baden's Lego's. They were getting out of hand. We have containers for them but they had been dumped out and tossed together again too many times. They were just in a sorry mess. So with a little help from his mom and a lot of his father's DNA, this is what Baden accomplished.


And then he just kept going. He organized the shelves on his bookcase with his newly organized Lego boxes. He made his bed with military exactness. He cleaned out his closet and rearranged everything so all of Porter's toys would fit in as well as his own. And then he cleaned his desk. With a look of pride in his eyes he came into the kitchen to tell me he was finished. And as we entered his room he said, "Dad is going to be so jealous because his desk has never looked this good." Is he his father's son? - you decide. Here are their desks to compare. Baden's #1 and Dallin's #2.

Desk #1
Desk #2

And if that isn't enough evidence to prove Baden is just a mini-Dallin, the fact that Dallin sent me this article today, not knowing the project ensuing at home, most definitely will.

Meanwhile back in the messier end of the house this is what I discovered. I'm not so sure that Porter is going to follow the other men in our household. He is a mess waiting to happen. But how do you get upset at such a mischievous act when he's just so cute.


One last note: just a short while after this picture was taken (after Baden had gone and dusted his dad's desk so it might look as nice as his own), I found Baden back by my desk moving papers around and putting books on the floor. I asked him what he was doing and he said, with duster in hand, "I just wanted you to have a desk as nice as mine and dad's." Thank you Baden for politely telling me my desk is way too messy. I think we have discovered tomorrow's project.

5 comments:

tamara said...

I can't believe Dallin sent that article as you guys were organizing Baden's legos. What a coincidence! It is always interesting to see the personality traits that your children develop and realize what they pick up from their parents. Makes me kinda nervous ;-) You could hire Baden out to organize Cesar's desk!

Nicki Wilson said...

Sarah, that's how Todd takes pictures. I'm usually behind the camera asking him to look some what normal.So he'll look normal until I push the button and then it changes.

Julie E. said...

I think Dallin and Erik are from the same mold : ). Glad to see that Baden is following in his dad's footsteps.

Nicki Wilson said...

Did you get a new bedspread

Sharon said...

Maybe you can send Baden to Indiana to help Li'l Robby organize his legos, too! I looked at the link, and decided that I am not sure that I am patient enough to sort through and connect all of Li'l Robby's legos that way.

BTW - Sorry we didn't get to see you guys on the way through TX. We didn't arrive at Robby's parents' place until 3:30 AM. Needless to say we slept in the next day and then left soon there after. We ended up being on a very tight schedule due to some last minute packing problems as we were leaving AZ.