August 25, 2008

The First Day of School

It was a rather uneventful morning at the Combs' home. Usually when we're all trying to get ready to leave at an early hour in the morning there is mass confusion, but I was actually at the higher end of my game today. Lunches were made, new clothes laid out, the kids woke up pleasant. When I woke Baden at 6:45am he moaned and moaned and moaned louder until I reminded him it was the first day of school. He promptly sat up, said, "Oh!," then he jumped out of bed and started getting ready. Brooklyn was a bouncing bubbling happy girl. When we were getting ready for morning prayer she asked Baden if he was nervous when he started first grade. Of course he said no, but when I asked Brooklyn if she was nervous she said, "Well, just a little," but the look in her eye said butterflies were fluttering around in her tummy.

We were still all smiles leaving the house and were so on time we even took pictures without me ranting at everyone to hurry. It was a nice change of pace for this usually running late mom.

The First Grader

The Second Grader

And the preschooler who misses her siblings but is really glad she gets to watch Dora again.

And Porter finally joined us in the last shot before we headed off to school.

The kids made it to their classrooms and everyone was happy to be at school. And we're off to another year of lessons and learning.








2 comments:

Nicki Wilson said...

What did Brooklyn do to her forehead?!

Anonymous said...

I like you outfits for the first day of school. You look cool!!!!
Love Grammie