June 08, 2008

What Kind of a Bug

Our neighbor gave the girls a packet of seeds and of course we had to plant them. So, we planted the seeds and placed the plant on our front porch. A very green leafy plant grew and the kids have been anxiously waiting for flowers to bloom. Over the last week, I have noticed the leaves beginning to look a little holey. Every time I walked past it I would make a mental note to get something to spray on the plant to get rid of whatever was nibbling on the leaves - but my mental sticky notes don't stick very well. Well, on Wednesday morning this is what we found.


The day before all of those stems had leaves on them. When Baden saw this he said, "What happened?" I told him a bug must have eaten the plant. He replied, "What kind of a bug could do THAT!?!" I'm pretty sure he was imaging a huge ugly man eating bug by the frantic look in his eyes. Upon further investigation, we discovered (and you can too if you look really close) about twenty little green worms still munching away. It relieved Baden's fears of the gigantic bug but it also confirmed that I cannot grow anything.

6 comments:

Julie E. said...

YIKES! Sorry about the giant bug : ).

Anonymous said...

I don't know...you grow pretty cute kids!

Amanda said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world! It's gonna be so fun to be able to keep up with you guys now! :)

Rob & Megg said...

I heard Texas bugs were big, but WOW! Fun to have you in the blogging world.

Sharon said...

I was so excited to hear about your blog! This will be a fun way to keep up with you.

I have about the same success with my plants, too. Maybe you can tell your kids that they grew pet worms instead of flowers.

Kristin said...

That is to funny! I can't believe how big your kids are. I am glad that you are blogging, I love keeping up with friends.