January 09, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas

We kicked off our holiday season with a family trip to Austin.
We had fun looking at Christmas lights on 37th street, playing games, eating pizza and swimming in the hotel pool.

We even got to see wild life up close and personal. Okay, it wasn't so wild - but the kids thought so. The hotel had pet swans floating around the lobby. We didn't get to see their natural habitat, but we did get to smell their natural smells.


It was a really short little trip, but we had fun just spending time together. We sang all the way there in the van - well, most of us did anyway. For the record, I was a singer this time. Dallin and I went on a road trip to Austin when we were dating. His radio was broken and he decided it would be fun to sing. I, on the other hand, was not so comfortable with the idea and I ended up breaking down in tears. Yes, he still married me despite my craziness.

4 comments:

John and Jenny said...

Ella looks so grown up and beautiful and the fact that she is looking at the camera is amazing! We are still working on Isabella. (look at picture under waterfalls on blog) Your kids look like they had a ball!

tamara said...

LOL "I ended up breaking down in tears" how funny and tragic at the same time ;-) Anyhow, sounds like a fun trip to Austin, especially 'cause the kids got to smell the authentic swan smells :-)

Melanie said...

My kids like to sing in the car too. We typically can't all agree to sing the same things at the same time though, so it's a bit wild ;) Sounds like a great trip!

emblair said...

Your kids are adorable!