January 11, 2009

Mistaken Identity

In the December 2008 Friend, there was an advent calendar that told a story of Jesus everyday until Christmas. We thought this was a great idea for the month of December to celebrate the life of the Savior during the Christmas season. Each of the stories used art from the Gospel Art Kit. We made it part of our scripture study every evening. So, every night I would hold up the picture and ask the kids who was in it and what the picture was about. They recognized a lot of the pictures and could almost tell me the whole story. There were some where they knew everyone in the picture, but they just didn't know exactly what was going on. And then there were some where they only recognized Jesus and we had a lot to discuss on those night. But then we came to this picture:
Here's how the conversation went. I said, "Who is this?" Brooklyn and Baden both replied, "It's Jesus." And then Ella quickly exclaimed, in total seriousness, "No it's not, it's a Rock Star!!" Silence. We were torn between humor and total confusion. Sometimes Ella just tries to be silly, but she was completely serious about this. It even took a minute for me to convince her that it was Jesus and not a rock star. We're still not sure where this comment came from. There was definitely a longer discussion about this story.

2 comments:

emblair said...

Gotta love little kids! I guess I can see why she would think that though...

tamara said...

LOL..that is so funny...I guess there is that musical "Jesus Christ, Superstar" after all...