January 26, 2009

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Last week we had gorgeous spring weather, so our friends, the Egan's, invited us to play at the park after school. The big kids are not normally with us when we're at the park - they added a very creative addition to the play. I'm not sure who came up with the idea - it had to be Ryan or Baden - but pretty soon everyone was playing Star Wars. Baden was Anakin Skywalker, Brooklyn was Princess Leia (of course) and Ella was her mother, Padme. (I'm not really good with Star Wars characters, but I did a little research on Wookiepedia to get the spellings correct. And after my character research, I have a question. Are Princess Leia and Anakin Skywalker ever in a movie together - I thought he was Darth Vadar by the time she could have known he was her father? I think I slept through a lot of the last episodes made.)
Anyway, everyone else had parts too - there were light sabers (sticks) swung and lots of yelling and chasing.


The best part came when Baden was standing high in one of the playgrounds and he started yelling, "R7!!! R7!!! R7!!! RRRRRR77777777777!! Porter!!!!" I love that they actually thought they could cast Porter as R7 (what - there are other robots beside C-3P0 and R2-D2?) and that he would respond when they called to him. I love it!! I wish my video camera had come to the park. They do not get their creativity from me - their dad deserves all the credit (he also deserves all the credit that we have Star Wars loving children - I did marry a geek:))

3 comments:

tamara said...

LOL..."R7....RRRR77777!!" that's so cute! What imaginative kids! I think it's wonderful that they are able to entertain themselves so well!!

Julie E. said...

I love that our kids play so well together. Ryan and Baden sure do add a nice bit of creativity.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! Porter as a robot...:) I love that they gave him a part too, very sweet!